Hired and non-owned auto insurance is a crucial form of protection for businesses that rent or borrow vehicles. Find out how this type of non-owned car insurance works

Vehicles are an important part of many small businesses’ day-to-day operations. But not all businesses own the vehicles that they use. To keep your business financially protected when accidents occur, you need the right type of coverage.

Commercial auto insurance covers only vehicles registered under your business’ name. Your employees’ personal car insurance, meanwhile, don’t provide coverage for business-related incidents.

Enter hired and non-owned auto insurance. This type of policy protects your business if the vehicle that you rented or borrowed is involved in an accident. You can learn more about how this form of non-owned auto insurance works in this guide.

Insurers don’t usually offer HNOA as standalone coverage. Instead, you can purchase it as a rider or endorsement for your commercial auto or general liability insurance, or as part of your business owner’s policy (BOP).

“In most circumstances, if an employee gets into an accident [in their persona

 » Read More